A Video of My Minecraft Memory Palace

Here is a video of my Minecraft memory palace, it’s a work in progress. I’m currently working on the first floor out of five. There is also a roof, four towers, two bridges, and maybe a few other locations I could use. One thing I was wondering, do you think it would be better to furnish my rooms with objects from Minecraft, or do you think it would be possible to memorize the layout and furnish it with objects in my memory. I’m thinking the latter may be too difficult, but it is a little difficult to to furnish rooms in the game. Anyway, let me know what you think, and if you have any cool ideas.

Thanks!

Hi slimnexus!

I’m a newbie to this field. And I watched your video. It looks beautiful.

What would be the purpose of this particular Memory Palace? What do you want to memorise?

I’m also fairly new. I’m thinking of using it for different purposes, it has five floors, so each floor could be for a different purpose maybe. Also, I’m glad you liked it, if you have any ideas for rooms or anything I’d appreciate it.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting it. How long did it take to create a scene of that size?

When I first started working on it it was taking me hours, placing one block after another. It took a few hours just to build the wall between two towers, and the wall was hollow! But I found a mod called WorldEdit that allows you to select two endpoints, and fill the space in between with the block of your choice. After finding WorldEdit I was able to finish the rest of the castle in just a few hours (spread out over a few weeks, so I could think and design the layout).

I gotta’ say I’m pretty happy with it, the only problem is I don’t know what to put in all of the empty space. I’ve finished a few rooms but I can’t think of what to put in the other rooms. Any ideas?

I haven’t used Minecraft much. What does the software let you put in the rooms? Maybe you could furnish it like a house: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Blocks This link shows all of the blocks you can place in Minecraft. It’s a bit limited. But I suppose I could do something like place two white wool blocks one on top of the other and call it a refrigerator. I still have to play with it a bit and figure out what I can make. With a bit of imagination I should be able to make whatever I need.

I wonder if you could use the tile types as themes for each room – maybe a pumpkin room, a sugarcane room, a grass room, etc.

That’s a good idea! I don’t why I didn’t think about that considering that I’ve done that in my smaller Minecraft memory palace. If you watch the video at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRONEABppBc you’ll see that the upper rooms are themed, bone, pearl, mushroom, snowball etc. Thanks for mentioning it! Now I can continue working on my castle.

I just saw this article about Minecraft. It might provide some additional inspiration:

Thanks! Those are pretty cool. I’ve downloaded a few maps for Minecraft to walk around and see how other people made stuff. I had to disconnect my desktop computer (the only computer I have that can play Minecraft), to use the desk for some of my plants till spring when I take them outside. So it’ll be a while before I can implement any of ideas into my palace (the one bad thing about using something like Minecraft, it ties you to your computer to update your palace).

Anyway, thanks for the link!

Thank you for sharing, slimnexus. Could you post a link to your smaller Minecraft memory palace? I would like to try it. I’ve bought Minecraft, seeming like the most convenient tool for quickly getting new memory palaces.