A friendly reminder about using ChatGPT and other AI in the forum:
Don’t use ChatGPT or other AI to write or edit forum posts. We want to hear what you have to say, not what AI has to say. You can quote AI, but please disclose that it’s not your own work at the top of your post, before that part of the text that contains ideas or content from AI.
Content written by ChatGPT and other AI has a certain artificial “smell” to it and it has a lower quality than things written by hand. People who are familiar with ChatGPT/AI can tell that it isn’t written by a human.
An example of ChatGPT/AI use that is okay:
I was curious if ChatGPT had ideas about _____, so I asked it, and here’s what it said: _____. Here’s what I think about what ChatGPT said: _____.
Please don’t ask ChatGPT or other AI to write or edit your forum posts for you and then copy/paste the output from ChatGPT though.
If people have any questions, click on my profile picture and send me a message, or email [email protected].