6-digit chunk generator to practice pi

Hello. I know 400 digits of pi and would like to practice In a way other than just reciting all in order, but my family is tired of picking out a 6-digit chunk, then waiting for me to tell them the 6 digits before and after that chunk. For other numbered things (such as the periodic table), a random number generator is readily available on the Internet…So I’m wondering if there is something similar for ‘chunks” of pi? Or any other suggestions on practicing alone.

1 Like

I can’t say anything, but if someone finds it, please also notify me. I have been looking for a similar app for a long time.

1 Like

You can use this one probably… http://www.worldpifederation.org/pitrainer.html#

Just pick a digit and click the “jump to digit”-button and put the next 6 digits. This won’t work for the left of it though. Mostly the issue with other apps, etc. is that you’ve picked 6 digits (rather than 5). The normal format for the pi matrix is chunks of 5 digits.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Is there a better 5-digit chunk generator? I didn’t realize 5 was the norm, so if there is a specific program for this, I’d like to use it. I looked at worldpifederation.org generator, which would be perfect except it doesn’t allow a customized number of decimal places–1000 is the lowest it has…I only know 400. Thanks again

Off the top of my head, not really… any chance you can copy their list into Excel (Google Sheets, etc.) in chunks of five per cell and just use a random number function. You should be able to get away with just a formula, no need for any VBA.

Or maybe somebody on here already has an Excel like that and are willing to share it.

Alternatively, just memorize the missing 600 to get to 1,000 :wink: …just kidding.

1 Like