1000 object community

Fugue?

Something related to “physics”?

“Foo bar” is a common example used in programming. Not sure if that helps. :slight_smile:


{
    "foo": "bar"
}

Can the “f” be a “v”? Maybe something related to “vague”?

Fill-gas? (filling a car with gas)

Favela (is the “o” like in the Ben System? e.g., “tom”)

Or Farfel.
Something related to “fearful” could also work.

“Fevgo” (φεύγω) means to leave or to flee in Greek. Not sure if that helps. That reminds me of Gandalf telling everyone to “fly you fools” when he confronts the Balrog in Lord of the Rings.

Awesome! Thanks!

  • fOOk: There's a sort of Chinese good luck charm called "fook bag", "fook" is a non-Mandarin (Cantonese, probably) pronunciation of the character 福. fook bag
  • fAg: fag, it's a cigarette
  • f, l/d, g: flag

Hi, My name is Peter. I started to build my 2 card system about 50 days ago.
I am full day father and employee so I have not much time :slight_smile:
Now there remains about 150 images to prepare from about 2700 images.

My system is simply a Ben system with Loci’s shadows. Shadows are realy helpfull :slight_smile: Thanks LociInTheSky.

Now is the turn to learn it and train and train. :slight_smile:

Any advice about learning?
My tactic is to learn numbers and binaries first, the cards on the end.
I created the folder with all my system images. They are prefixed with the shortcuts from the Main Memory System.

I will build the anki deck to learn it faster. :slight_smile: That’s my plan. What do you think?

Hi, I know this is an old thread but maybe someone will help me with those remaining 64 objects…
226 229 233 249 255 258 269 283 286 287 288 292 293 297 298 299
309 339 348 360 363 368 369 385 388 389 392 393 396 397 398
503 506 538 552 553 554 556 558 563 564 589
668 678 683 688 689 698 699
803 806 826 829 833 837 838 878 881 883 889 893 897 898

I’m struggling a lot. Thanks!

What system are you using? Is it the standard major system, the Ben System, or something else?

Way to go Peter!!! A nice little Ben/SS hybrid, love it! I’m so curious now that it’s 5 months later how your mnemonics are going!

Pls how can I incoperate names of people into my 1000 list example super man, spiderman, dave weckl, albert einstein etc thanks

Where do you encounter problems actually, if I may ask?

Nice list!

Thanks. What I use today is much improved over this one though.

What type of improvement do you mean if I may ask?
10,000 peg list?

Lets just look at a short part of the list:

635 male jock exercising with small weights
Now this has become 635 Jamal, the Saudi reporter geting murdered in a consulate. It is much better. Male jock is wrong way around and isn’t specific to me.

636 show homage
637 Shoe Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) shoe stand
I have grown to think that acronyms are bad and the connection between MEC and shoe isn’t strong at all. Saying, “shoemec” does not feel like saying something significant at all. Now, 637 is Jimmy Carter.
638 movie jock small flash light
639 chimpanzee
640 Raise a Javelin
Again, the wrords are wrong way around. I now use Sharaz, a drug. It’s much shorter to say too, more immediate.
641 Shredded
641 is now Jared the pal of trump. It is more specific than shredded, which begs the question, "what is shredded.

So, you see, with trial and error, you can realize what works best for you. It is hard work.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed how you break the rules many times, but I thought that was helpful to you, even though I didn’t break any role forming mine but I found some inspiring words maybe some Ideas for better words coming from your list …
My list is written in Arabic, English , Turkish and some words coming from diff. Languages so I don’t have to break any role with letters coming exactly in the right sequence… the funny fact that I even sometimes come with a word doesn’t even exist, but it mean something at least for me…

Speaking of breaking the rule, has anyone ever considered using the “h” sound for a number? I am discovering that it is a good match with the “r” or #4. Obviously, it can’t be used as the last number because no word ends in a sounded “h” except for the 6 “ch” .

But Hit man would make a great 432.
I guess I would never use Hit man for 132 because door man is there. And since I have a hard time with words that begin with a vowel, or “h” followed by a vowel, I have almost no words anymore starting with a “h” in my system anyway, (I suspect it creates an off rythm in the words which throws me off)so it won’t conflict. As a matter of fact, most of my words starting with a “h” are already in the 400s such as hair gel 465, horse gym 463, What do you guys think?

I guess the H alone might also work great in the 600s, or for a 6 since ch is already a 6. But 6 already has lots of various sounds to it whereas “r” is completely alone in its category. Even just saying the sound “r” sounds like there may a “h” in front so it comes naturally, or a variation of “r”

Something similar would surely be possible with a “w” too, or even a “y” as in Yes. I just haven’t got around yet to find its best spot.

H-first is used for King-first pairs in the shadow system. Where kings are in the second position, they are silent.

1 Like

Ok. Well, I am glad to see the idea is already in use somewhere and working. The capital H has 4 points and so makes a great 4 for that reason too.
I think the w should also be used as a 3 with the M because W is the same shape but upside down. Neither does M has a secondary consonant and so it is a perfect fit. This gives a great William for 453, which otherwise is a challenge, for instance.
Neither does the N has a secondary consonant, and I don’t have any idea for this one other than adding a strongly prononced vowel at the end for numbers in the 200 and giving up the first n of the 200 range instead of having the problematic double N and single N start that have fewer choices of words. Like using, Tony for 212 and Dan for 012, for instance.

I think the y is best suited for the 8, as v is almost the shape of y and y can easily be completed in an 8 but I haven’t worked on that. A beginner might want to consider that.

I have difficulties with these numbers -

103, 129, 165, 187, 189, 198

224, 229, 236, 251, 266, 283, 288, 298

336, 338, 378, 385, 398

406, 419, 447, 466, 483, 489, 493

508, 513, 533, 554, 555, 566, 583

606, 617, 638, 636, 660, 665, 687

709, 763, 773, 783, 793

803, 833, 863, 877, 878, 889, 893, 896, 898, 899

928, 938, 964, 974, 983, 988, 989.

3 Likes

Hello big system dreamers,

I just came up with a brilliant new way to classify and number words using the structure of the word itself. This could help anybody build a 1000 image system with much greater ease than by using the other methods currently being used. I call my method the Word Structure Memory Method and it’s explained here: simonluisi.com

Good luck with it (if you go for it) and don’t hesitate to give your feedback.

1 Like

Nice post. I read your blog and like your ideas.

Difficulty coming up with 1000 images is part of why I am just going for 300 images with 2-digit PAO.

I also am kind of obsessive with adding additional memory tags such as Theme Songs to all my actions and with 1000 images this would be way more difficult.

This whole thread is really nice and Lance is a big inspiration to me. His almost religious conviction in a video describing how a shotgun blast can ONLY create the debris pattern a shotgun makes. Dark green plasticky paint can ONLY be applied the the handrail.

I eventually want to add this exclusive ribboning to all my actions in addition to theme songs.

Before I even saw this video I decided to add exclusive scenery changing effects to all my objects (Snowman makes whole scene a blizzard).

I am going to pursue some lessons with Lance at some point once my numbers system is more finalized if he still offers them. It is a pity he no longer seems to be very active.