What should I memorize

Hello all,
My name is Walt and I am fairly new to mnemotechnics. Over the course of the last month, I have spent a significant amount of my free time working on my techniques and have accomplished more than I ever could have imagined. I made a PAO 00-99 which has worked very well and I’ve recently started memorizing poems by just converting every few lines into a few an image. These techniques have worked quite well for me and I am fairly confident that given enough time I would be able to permanently commit to memory just about anything. That brings me to my question: What should I memorize? I have considered Paradise Lost or the Inferno or maybe a dictionary or some historical events but I want to hear what you think the best thing to permanently commit to memory would be.
Thanks,
Walt

1 Like

The answer is whatever will give you the most benefits. If you’re a history major, practice historical dates and figures. If you’re a law major, practice court cases and constitutional amendments. If you’re a medical student, practice diseases, illnesses, and other conditions.

1 Like

what would you choose ?

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, there are some ideas in the Memory Challenges section.

You might be interested in these discussions:

Thank you those are great