In the 50-digit sprint on memocamp, Hannes and Simon have these scores, respectively:
H - 8.26s
S - 7.77s
And in 100-digit sprint:
H - 23.97s
S - 25.19s
In 1:00 words, Katie is the outlier with the almost unbelievable score of 44. Simon’s is 34 and this “memostacker” guy, who has very high scores all over the site and is surely in the top 16, has 31.
In Group A, we have Hannes with the guys ranked 8, 12, and 15. I pick him to win every event. It’ll be a slaughter. Maybe not so much for names, though.
In Group B, I think Christian’s going to take numbers and Ola cards.
Group C and D are more interesting to me.
Andi Bell’s in Group C. It would be great if he had some new tricks up his sleeve, but I wouldn’t count on it.
Jonas is in Group C also. He’s not going to set records, but he’s not going to make mistakes either. I pick him for digits.
The way Boris does cards is good with a second deck to reconstruct, but I would guess it’s riskier for “perfect” memorization. If he can cycle through the images in his head very quickly it might help him here, since he uses 52 objects in 52 loci. So I think we should deduct a little from Boris’ skill on that account and say that there’s no clear favorite for cards. But he’s always been very good at words and names, and having both of those strengths, he’s my favorite for group C, but not by much.
Simon for group D. I am forced to pick Simon and Hannes for their groups no matter who else is with them. I would like it more to see them in the same group for that reason. Extremely curious to see the numbers Zoomy puts up, but unfortunately, the long events are where he really shines. Fast with cards also, but not as fast as Simon.
And Simon is my pick for victor.