Beryl,
I don’t disagree with the amount of money pMemory charges. Its a great price. In fact, as a marketing professional, my advice to anyone with a memory product is to charge MORE for it…while you still can.
There might come a day when everybody automatically goes through training in Mnemonic systems …no different than how language is taught to every human…or how every household has a TV and a computer.
The fact that the fundamental information is “out there” for free is 100% irrelevant no matter what your talking about. Anyone can find out how to fix a leaky faucet.yet there are still two dozen books you can buy that tell you how to go about the task. In every industry or subject the same situation exists.
Now Beryl, as far as the scientific correctness of pMemory…I’m going to reserve my right to feel squeemish about some of the things I read…they just didnt feel right to me based on what I have learned personally so far. I certainly could be wrong…but maybe its really just the fault of pMemory’s presentation of the theory or material, not the actual facts behind it…for me the result was it scared me off, rather than strike a cord with me that said " ya that makes sense".
pMemory is going to have a larger customer base of people who are new to the Mnemory game, and starting from scratch…people who are already knee deep and looking for more are likely going to be turned off by pMemory because it appears to go way off the beaten path to teach the techniques…and that is what happened in my case.
As far as the “Bizzarre” images debate. Ultimately I think it comes down to what works for a person. Some people are naturally more vivid with their imaginations than others so maybe for them to picture a rabbit just sitting on a desk is no problem…for me I need the rabbit to bash his head through the table. As far as pMemory’s claim that making bizzarre pictures is too time consuming…that again is a matter for the individual to decide. An easy work around that apparently the creator of pMemory didn’t think of, which works for me, and I’ll bet plenty others, is to have a set number of different actions Ive prepared beforehand that I can use on a peg…often times during a session it is the same action over and over…I don’t have to think extra about anything. If I have a Peg word that is a toaster I know beforehand that there are a number of things I can do to interact with it based on some of the innate characteristics of it…if my peg word is teeth…obviously I’m going to have some chewing in there…sometimes action is just sort of built into the imagery, y’know?
If I could recommend anything to pMemory it would be this…teach both processes of visualization, Bizzarre and Static. The thing is, you cant be too strict and rigid with this sort of skill…and it seems like pMemory is trying to re-invent the wheel. There is simply too much that each individual adds to his or her own way of doing things…we create little rules for ourselves as we develop our skill…when I add such and such to an image it means this or that. etc.
…and Finally, for you to say that 99.99% of the memory courses out there are scams…is frankly a huge problem in my book, as far as earning any credibility with me…and I’ll wager it holds true for everyone else reading this…most of whom attained their skill from such courses.
My encouragement to you as far as defending a product, you are clearly quite attached to, would be instead of lashing out at every other product, give us something of substance that shows some of the strengths of the product, share your personal experiences, etc.
Respectfully,
Poe The Monk