Could you give me an instance of a narrative?
I dont use narratives at all competively, only for long term learning or speeches.
Hey! I would like to know if you have an inner voice while memorizing. Like, do you pronounce the images in your head as you memorize, or do they just appear as you look at the numbers? I have a trouble with that cuz i think my inner voice slows down my progress but i dont know if thats the actual reason
I recall Vishvaa mentioning in an interview after winning ML Worlds earlier this year (to NYT maybe?) that he makes sure to drink water before memorizing specifically because it makes that type of subvocalization easier, so some amount of folks certainly do it at the very highest (current) level.
Hey!
Yeah, I have an inner voice while memorising numbers.
I don’t think it slows me down. I think it helps me!
I can recognise numbers at 0.5 seconds per image speed while subvocalizing.
For cards and binaries I don’t subvocalize, because I’ve learned these systems without letter basement. And I recognise cards slower, although I train cards more than numbers!
So I think inner voice helps with learning the system, and when you become very fast in recognition, subvocalization starts to disappear.
well being hydrated sure a good thing, I mean you should remain healthy overall and no nervousnesss and lack of sleep for good memory, but drinking water that helps in subvocalization not sure about that.
That directly saying do vocalize instead. since subvocalize is in mind no mouth, throat involved at all.
I mean you should try to don’t subvocalize at all in the first place and try to not move your head much.
to get better at numbers try to remain steady, moving your head too much reduce some fast speed, and also even doing subvocalization at very fast speed also make some seconds try to see pictures directly instead.
like instead of pronunciation anything I just see 888 as cola , no brainer thing. (I am doing subvocalization for some numbers now since I forgot my 3 digit system because of some more experiments on it regarding calendar calculation, over the years since left memory community. but drinking or not drinking water doesn’t change my speed)
but for other reasons like being healthy, water is sure golden medicine.