Thanks for the advice!
Regarding what you said about creating an indicator for centuries, and also after reading this post on a different discussion thread, I have a couple of questions that I’d like your opinion on. Here is the forum so you know what I’m referencing. Best way to remember dates? - #3 by mvakkur
So, the most important reason to memorize historical dates is the association aspect. That is, it is unnecessary to memorize 28th June 1914 if you cannot remember that this means “Archduke Franz Ferdinand assassinated”. In my PAO system, I could neglect the 28th, as I don’t need to be this exact, but to remember June (06) and 1914 would mean an image of BoRat (Sacha Baron Cohen) TaPPing on a DooR. In and of itself, this image doesn’t particularly display the beginning of World War 1.
In my mind, it would be more useful to simply use the Major system and nothing else. For example, I could imagine a roll of Sushi (06) being thrown at the Archduke which kills him, and in the process, makes his hair fall off which turns out to be a toupee (19) upon which a deer (14) comes and starts licking his bald head. (Not the most pleasant imagery, sorry)
Any advice on how I could make the 00-99 PAO system more useful when it comes to association, or maybe you think I should just not worry about the 00-99 system and instead focus on creating images with the simple major system?