How can I improve my short term memory?

Do you mean your reply above, or did you open a new forum thread? Because if it’s the latter, I can’t find it…

Sorry, I got distracted and forgot to put the link, just a second

Sorry, I got distracted and forgot to put the link, just a second

And another example and precision if you scroll down

1 Like

I see a lot of suggestions for constructing a memory palace as a way to boost your memory and apply it to the specifics of what you should be recalling such as assigned tasks. But that can be a confusing place to start if you have never done it before and will probably add to your inattention because you will be trying to build out your memory palace instead of paying attention to the person talking to you.

What worked well for me and I think applies to your situation is boring old rote memorization. I chose to memorize digits of pi as a way to boost my day to day working memory. As an easy way to get started, try to learn 6 - 10 digits of pi each day. Make it a habit for a couple weeks and you’ll quickly see that increasing your memory is as simple as practice. If you make it a regular habit even for just 5-10 minutes per day of dedicated time, you will start to gain momentum and recognize that recalling bits of information is getting easier. Even though you are practicing with numbers, this will help your working memory in other areas as well.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I already began doing so and I am at the 21st digit :slight_smile:

1 Like