2023 Brain training plan

May be we can track book reading target over the year somewhere. That would be more motivating.
As of 230107 book read = 0

1 Like

Yes, you are right.

I will try to solve more.

1 Like

I use google keep to keep track.

Did you mean a forum post?

1 Like

Which techniques are you using for learning languages?

You must combine a big number of different techniques if you want to maximally optimize the process.
Based on the things you listed I think for you vocabulary building would be the most interesting part of the language learning process.

For vocabulary building some simple techniques I was using before:

  • you can use Anki to store words list.
  • use mnemonics to associate words from your language with a word in a foreign language
  • keep a journal to measure how many words you added per hour of exercise and how many words reviewed, this is very important if you can’t measure something it’s hard to track progress

It’s not possible to put words instantly in long-term memory, so there is no something like “100 words learned per day”, you can specify the number of new words added per day, but that doesn’t mean that you really learned these words, and there you must pay attention to not being too optimistic because the number of reviews after few weeks can be very big if you start too aggressively.

There are many more complete and better strategies to learn a language, but if you want language learning to be just one item on your list, don’t search for something more complex.

I never wrote before on this forum, but your list, together with the list added by dmitriyRubikscube, looks so similar to things I was trying before, so I felt that I must write something. For me doing many things at once was fun, I enjoyed it a lot, and I was able to reach levels far above average in almost all the things I tried, that is a great feeling. On the other side, I didn’t become an expert in any of these skills, and most of them haven’t had a practical use, so I think that it’s better to spend more time tweaking that list before you start if you plan to commit to it for long period.

Now if I’m starting again, I would probably focus more on practical things, for example, I like playing chess so much, but I would remove that from the list if I can revert time.

1 Like

like an artofmemory.com book tracker. I see brain empowerment enthu people here a lot. Hence, a good bunch to have open visibility. Just like your friend with 240 book inspired you and your 200 book target inspired me.

@Josh

1 Like

One idea is to make a Google Spreadsheet and list your books there. If people are interested, we could make a book-tracking thread, and people could link to their lists and discuss their progress in that thread. Let me know if you want me to make the topic. It could be a wiki page so multiple people could edit the posts to add their book lists.

3 Likes

Very underrated advice nowadays…

2 Likes

plz can you tell from where didi you laerned this, any book or any video?

How to solve Rubik’s cube

How to solve a Rubik’s cube blindfolded

After you learn how to solve rubik’s cube blindfolded you can use Memory palace to solve multiple Rubik’s cubes or 44 or 55 cube blindfolded

The concepts, that help to solve any Rubik’s-cube-type puzzle are “commutator”
and “conjugate” (also sometimes you need “parity” and “graph of states” but I don’t know any video about them)

Good luck with Rubik’s cube solving!

2 Likes