2016 USA Memory Championship

I was following along online with the competition and I must say it sounds like it was a fun one! I do regret not going due to work obligations, but I noticed, Lance, Nelson, Johnny, and Everett were not in attendance either so I guess I wasn’t the only one.

Tracy - That anxiety is exactly what I felt the first year too. At home I was doing a deck in 45 seconds and the day of I had to review it a second time because I was so nervous and ended up with 1:22. The only way to get over it is to do more competitions, at least that was the case for me. In Sweden I had to sit next to Yanjaa and Jonas Von Essen so as you can image speed cards was intimidating but what I did was waiting for them to finish their runs before I started mine, that meant I wasn’t worried about their times, or them slamming their hands down and distracting me. Can anyone tell me what the 2nd fastest CARD time was, and who was 2nd place for SPEED NUMBERS? I am more interested in the GAP between Alex and others. Thanks!

L

@Memory-Magician: Brad Sundstrom did 202 in Speed Numbers, and I’m fairly certain he was in second place there. For Speed Cards, I think he told me he did about 1:52, and I THINK he was the second fastest there, as well. Please, someone correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t have such a good memory. :slight_smile:

Wow Nice! Brad is the 5th American to break the 200 digit mark! :slight_smile: Thanks for the update Tracy.

FYI - the results are posted now:

http://www.usamemorychampionship.com/2016-event-results-qualifying-morning-events/

For anyone interested, I wrote a blog recapping this year’s competition. Didn’t get a chance to meet everyone, but nice to meet new faces (Tracy, Kyle) and see old ones again!

(Josh Cohen) #26

More coverage from yesterday:

http://www.timesnews.net/Local/2016/05/21/Kingsport-resident-competes-in-2016-USA-Memory-Championship

Thanks for mentioning artofmemory.com! :slight_smile:

Nice article about Brad: