2014 USA Memory Championship Registration and Dates

Great!

I replied here:

Amazing, Zach!

I created a new thread to prevent the flood of interest in the May 2014 (informal) NYC Memory Competition from overwhelming the USA Memory Championships thread! :wink:

Exciting!
-Steven

Hi, All,

I got a call from Tony to let me know that I was first on the wait list, and they had some cancellations, so I’m in the competition. I got in contact with Karen also, so soon I will registered and up and running!

Thanks Erik / decision_ for the timely advice! Looking forward to seeing you all three weeks from Friday, and again on Saturday!

Cheers,
-Steven

I just saw that they’ve posted a list of competitors:

http://www.usamemorychampionship.com/17th-usa-memory-championship-list-of-competitors/

[2021 update: the page appears to be gone now.]

Is there anyone going to this event who isn’t competing? I’m trying to find someone who could post live updates for those of us who can’t attend. :slight_smile:

I am going but not competing. I’ll see you all there.

Josh, don’t forget the competition will be streaming live on the science channel. Well at least the second half…

Streaming live? I didn’t know that. I’ll see if I can find someone with a TV. :slight_smile:

(Edit: or do you mean on their website?)

That looks like a lot more people than last year! I’m going to memorize a couple poems today…

It looks like they just redesigned the website, and Jim Karol is the Director of Community Relations. Check out the site – it looks good.

Steven. I’m so glad you got in! Taking initiative is important and you showed that. Looking forward to competing alongside you in my first USA MC.

See you all soon. Shoot me a text at 281-702-2588 or [email protected] if you’d like to grab a quick bite to eat Friday night.

Cheers,
Erik

Does anyone know the status on the live streaming? I saw that the notice about that was removed from the website.

I posted some links to news coverage of the USA and Welsh championships.

The Twitter hashtag is #usamc2014.

The eight finalists:

https://twitter.com/USAMemoryC/statuses/449982465495797762

Left to right, Number 3 Nelson Dennis? And 7 Is Lance Tschirhart? Or am I completely off?

Sounds like Nelson is 2014 champion! Alexander #2, Lance #3.

In the photo, I think it’s:

___, ____, Nelson, Johnny, Michael, ____, Lance, Brad. I don’t know the faces of the other three.

https://twitter.com/USAMemoryC/statuses/450007088241340416

Woot!

I wrote a quick summary of the results. I’m still waiting for updates, and will keep updating the blog post. :slight_smile:

1 Like