Why are children in British universities expelled for plagarising

I read that in British universities you can be expelled for plagarising???,

I think that many students do worst things than that and are still kept in school instead of being expelled for petty things like disturbing the class,

Plagarising can also be accidental and in many cases it is but univerties do not listen and expel,

Can they be sued and the guilty people sent to prison for this,

I am thinking of suming against this in an international court(ICJ-International Criminal Court of Justice)as in a national court I may not have a chance,

Should I do this and what are my chances of succeeding ?,

Note- I am an Indian and I this has not happened to me but I want to help,

And,

Have a Considerate Day.

Yes.

Yes. The system is outright dysfunctional particularly for programming.

There is a common ideal of making your programming code very readable. It amounts to following a sense of best practices and naming sense, such as making any kind of variable names self-explanatory.

The university teaches this (if you have programming classes). Subsequently the plagiarism checker will report you for similarities in your code and existing code on the web. The sole leeway the university permits, is that it will allow you to plagiarize the universities resources.

Quite frankly, when you follow the taught optimal structure and common style, that includes common structures, that are termed self explanatory, in that case it is highly likely you will end up guilty of plagiarism. Most people do not, because they follow the universities code and it is reflected in their programming.

I quite frankly have always had to take my own code and scan it against a plagiarism system before submitting it, often having to make bad variable names and structure modifications just to bypass the system, despite writing original code.

In some cases, there is a statement to use references which avoids plagiarism. In almost all, at least all in mine and those I know of, we are told that we agree to the terms before submission. Which include that we are responsible for any plagiarism and that it is our responsibility to ensure this does not happen even if on accident. The moment there is a court case with this read out, your chances of succeeding are minimal.

No, plagiarism in an academic sense is usually not a criminal offense, particularly as part of a course.

I actually meant the people who made those rules(Expulsion for plagarising and distrbing the class),

And I have thought of suing to make those contracts ileagle and void.

The same principle applies. After signing a document that states your agreement to the policies of the university. Regardless of how unfair they are(provided equal rights and lack of deception), you are liable to abide by these or face appropriate consequences. Attempting to sue the creator, will likely not end well, because there is nothing illegal about making a contracts terms, regardless of their content.

You can attempt having a look into any legal loopholes to this with a lawyer under the precise terms, but it is unlikely to end well. In either case, there typically is a university appeals procedure where justification can be made to be reinstated.

For example unless the plagiarism is obviously severe (literal word for word document copy), it is unlikely to result in immediate expulsion. Instead it would first typically give a 0 mark along with a warning of subsequent expulsion for repetition. If this is stated in the terms, then you can argue your way to be reinstated (provided this was a first offense).