What are Your New Year's Resolutions and Goals for 2021?

Happy New Year! 2020 is finally over. :fireworks:

Do you have goals or resolutions for 2021? Post them in a comment below.

7 Likes

Happy New Year!!

My goal for 2021 is to start applying the “Stoic” philosophy(framework) in every part of my life!

Got familiar with Stoicism at the end of 2020! And I am fascinated by Stoicism!

7 Likes
  • Memorize a deck of cards in less than 45 seconds
  • Memorize 2 decks of cards in less than 5 minutes.
  • Memorize 500 random digits in 10 minutes.
    -Memorize 60 random digits in 20 seconds.
  • Recite 2000 digits of PI from memory.
  • Learn 2000 words/phrases in ASL.
7 Likes

My goal is to get 60 points in Multiple Blindfolded event in speedsolving. In this event we are given a time limit of 1 hour where we have to memorise a certain number of 3x3 cubes and do them blindfolded all at once.

6 Likes

To train both my 3-digit and 2-card system until instant recognition of all images finally.

Oh, and I’m really looking forward to participate in the Memory League World Tour :relaxed:

7 Likes

My goals are to replace YouTube, social media, and other forms of instant gratification with more meaningful activities like reading, writing, drawing, and playing the guitar.

13 Likes

Yes. I want to finally become a sane person. I’ve been an idiot all my life, and I really liked it. But I’m tired of being an idiot and I want to fix it all.
Chemistry, biology and English are in my interests. In chemistry and biology, I am a complete zero. But I want to change that.
I’m waiting for my revival. :crying_cat_face:

Time will tell.

6 Likes

My aim is to get >50 points in multiple blindfolded event in speedsolving. We are given 1 hour and we have to memorise as many cubes as possible and execute them blindfolded.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Stoicism

Goal # One: Familiar with my three digits and two card system before February.
Goal # Two: Be able to remember 480 digits in 5mins before April and a full deck of card under 20 sec.
Goal # Three: Be able to remember 5000 binary numbers in 30min before Aug
180 history and dates and 150 words in 5 mins.
Goal # Four : Break One world record, three national record and won the national championship.
Goal # Five: Have more than 6500 points in world championships

5 Likes

Happy New Year!!! My goal is to change my profession.

5 Likes

Remember where I put my keys. Don’t forget the med cart keys in the door…lol…the little things of life😂

3 Likes

Been reading daily stoic by Ryan Holiday since last year… Stoicism is a good operating system on how to live imho

2 Likes

That is a good book…I also like the book “A Guide To The Good Life”.

I agree. I was looking for a ‘Framework’ using which I can operate my life. And Stoicism is a great one for that,like you said “a good operating system”.

I was into Buddhism. But Buddhism’s spiritual aspect is pretty troublesome for me. So,I was looking for something that I can apply to every part of my life right away and has no spiritual aspect of it…

Interestingly,there are many aspects of Buddhism that can be found in Stoicism,too. They both complement each other!

2 Likes