What are you proud of today?

The title says it all, what thing that has happened today are you proud of?

It can be big, like stopping a robbery bare-handed. It can be small, like being able to wake up before your alarm gives you murderous thoughts. It can be huge, like giving a dog cookie to the cutest puppy in town.

11 Likes

I managed to acquire curtains made of 100% cotton. Now I can replace the old ones made from polyester. Hopefully this reduces microplastics flushed into the ocean via washing machine.

The next goal is to find some leisure wear made from natural materials :earth_americas:

8 Likes

I had a really nice peaceful simple soothing exchange with an elderly woman on the bus. I mustve really needed that because I was holding in tears after. Maybe proud isnt the right word, but this tenderest moment of my day is worth all positive adjectives in my heart and that was what came back when reading your question. Thank you

9 Likes

I had manage to learn something new in my life. I read a powerful book. Someone offered me a genuine smile.

6 Likes

Which book was it?
I always like books to add to my to-read list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unlimited Power from Anthony Robbins

3 Likes

Handstands
From not being able to about 3 seconds

5 Likes

I got my first IAM competition podium in an event. (not exactly today)

6 Likes

Синът ми участва в световното първенство по психични изчисления в Германия за първи път и се справи блестящо,той е та 8 год

[via Google Translate]

My son participated in the World Championship in Mental Computing in Germany for the first time and did brilliantly, he’s 8 years old

5 Likes

Could you show his results? I am interested in his performance. If he is like me and doesn’t need techniques and methods to do large calculation then his results could be helpful.

1 Like

Има 1160 т.,задачите не ни ги предоставят,за съжаление…може би по -късно ,надявам се да ги побликуват

[via Google Translate]

There are 1160 points, the tasks don’t give them to us, unfortunately … maybe later, I hope they publish them

1 Like

Scroll to the very end on this page:

The winners in the competion 2019 were/ Die Gewinner im Jahr 2019 waren:

Seniors (15 - 19 Jahre)

GOLD
Wenzel Grüß (Germany) 2428
SILBER
Mohammad El Mir, (Lebanon) 2315
BRONZE
Deepak Nagar (India) 1611

Juniors II (12 - 14 Jahre)

GOLD
Asmita Pal (UAE) 1972
SILBER
Abhilakshya Arora (India) 1785
BRONZE
Radhika Maheshwari (India) 1758

Juniors I (bis 11 Jahre)

GOLD
Vandan Nyati (India) 1644
SILBER
Stiaan Scheepers (South Africa) 1638
BRONZE
Aaryan Gupta (India) 1600

1 Like

I managed to exercise a not inconsiderable amount of Self Control. With gritted teeth I managed NOT to read a book (“Memory Craft”-Dr.Lynne Kelly) that finally came from Oz today, instead i put it in my Go-Bag to read on a trip to Belgium I need to take on Saturday (tobacco buying before BrexShite).
Normally I would have devoured the book in one sitting and I did almost fall into the trap of thinking “I could just read the first chapter now and save the rest to read on the ferry”.

I exercised an even greater amount of WILLPOWER this evening when , going to the cupboard, I discovered my Frau had bought a bag of Lebkuchen. Mmmmm Lebkuchen…
I’m a Stollen and Lebkuchen junkie :frowning: but i need to keep my girlish figure.

4 Likes

If I can read a book in one sitting, I’ll definitely not want to stop that

1 Like

1160 точки,

[via Google Translate]

1160 points

1 Like

I just joined this website!
and i’m very interested in memory techniques.

5 Likes

I’m really happy with this for today. Broke PB twice, from 45 to 47 with two attempts. I feel that 50 coming :blush: Really excited with everything related with memorising words. It’s most entertaining and creative discipline imo.

4 Likes

Today I made my place clean and tidy for my friend who is coming to visit.

This week I used FocusMate five times to study French. It’s a great system for accountability.

4 Likes

Finally got it :upside_down_face:

4 Likes