Visualisation and meditation

Will meditation improves visualisation skills???

Hi Zlaatan,

Yes it will…IF you use a visualization type of meditation…otherwise no

Stefos
P.S. I practice Tibetan Buddhist Vajrayana practices and speak from that place.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate that bro?? About the visualisation type of meditations!

Try searching for Anthony Metivier in youtube… He has a ton of exercises on those.

1 Like

Thank you❤️

Hi Zlaatan,

Of course, in Tibetan Buddhist tantric (non-sexual) practices, the practitioner visualizes themselves as a particular Buddha or Deity with it’s particular mantra which one, at times, also has to visualize moving around one’s self.

Visualization takes time…Start off with as close to the real picture/image as possible and then become more and more explicitly precise.

Also, try drawing simple things like an apple and more and more complex things and visualize them as you draw.

Stefos

I find visualisation hard at times when i forces to visualise it… I find it hard sometimes to get into that particular visualised mind palace and to picturise something to glue it on the loci. Metivier tells to play with surroundings and also to try a candle excercise. I some times vaguely sees the things which i need to memorise.but i want it to be perfectly sticked on to loci… and also to avoid ghosting of images… so does the meditation helps for this?
Ps sorry for my poor english its not my first language

Hi,

The meditation is used in a Tibetan Buddhist context and is not about memorization for everyday life.

Mindfulness of breathing will help your visualization out by causing your racing thoughts to slow down.

But for you, drawing an object like an apple and then visualizing it in your minds eye is the best thing to do, IMHO.

Stefos