Those who have been training memorizing images in the League, how have you been practically applying this in your life, and has it been very helpful?

Those who have been training memorizing images in the League, how have you been practically applying this in your life, and has it been very helpful?

1 Like

Memory league is just an application of mnemonics. We rarely, if ever, have to memorize lots of numbers, names, ect. really fast in real life. It’s just making a sport out of mnemonics. No different than saying we never have to dribble a ball around people and get in a hoop in real life, but people still do it.

4 Likes

For me personally, it has been useful by helping me become faster at placing images in loci. The visualization-process has become much faster and more efficient ever since I started training on a regular basis.

6 Likes

interesting perspective, I hadn’t thought about that.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Well it helped me for whenever I want to learn something obviously. :slight_smile: My short term memory works much better due to the technics whenever I apply them. Unfortunately however it doesn’t really feel like it helped my long-term memory.
I also struggle with pressure but only thanks to memory sports I became able to deal with certain stressful situation that I couldn’t before. In particular situations like when you have to do a presentation in front of people. It helped me so much knowing where you can access the information in your imagination. Before knowing memory technics, I would be anxious about blanking on the things I’ve learnt.
Additionally I feel like it has a positive effect against depression.

4 Likes

I’m a student and have no trouble applying these methods to memorize what I study. Also, when I’m bored and walking down the street I look at all these words on buildings and numbers and visualize, make them act on the street environment.

1 Like