The Great Thomas Harris inspired me too

Hello all,

I am very new to this art - save for the life experience we all have.

I have read once through ‘Unlimited Memory’ by Kevin Horsley, now going through ‘The Art of Memory’.

Only 11% into the book. Once I began to apply some of the concepts, I was hit with data overload. The number of data points and details in our surroundings is limitless, but it only seems so once we truly begin to be mindful of them.

Horsley’s book seems like it can be treated as a reference book. The techniques are useful, and I hope to become thoroughly well versed in them as I go through this lifelong journey.

In any case, if any of you have tips for a beginner, I’m all ears. Cheers.

1 Like

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a getting started page.

What are you interested in memorizing?

1 Like

Cheers, Josh.

I am tackling the daunting task of learning a new language with memory techniques. Of course, memory is not simply memorized, it is practiced, and its components are both vast and tricky to organize. But it’s what inspired me to get stuck in.

Beyond that, the promises are great and opportunities limitless, depending on the effort (at least that’s my understanding). I am a budding programmer, and there are tons of concepts and tricks that would serve me well to have accessible from memory.

1 Like