Taking the Military SIFT

I’m taking the SIFT next week on the 11th and I’m attempting to find out how to address this without getting overwhelmed. And the SIFT (Selection Instrument for Flight Training) is the primary test for applicants who wish to advance to the subsequent phases of a career in Army Aviation

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a how to learn memory techniques page. If you only have one week before the test, it might not be be enough time to get up to speed with memory techniques and study for the test by 11th, but other people here might have different thoughts on that.

If you post a specific example of something that you’re trying to memorize, we could offer suggestions.

1 Like

I agree with @Josh

I think you’re taking a huge risk. Are you aware that you only get TWO chances in your entire lifetime?

Not only that, your first pass score is your FINAL score - even if it’s junk. You don’t get a second chance to try to improve it. Your junk score will determine your rank and status.

Good luck.

I’ve been studying for about 2 months now I just need some extra motivation and I’ve been practicing some memory methods since February of this year

2 Likes

Good freebie here, with examples from “Study Guides”:

Free Helicopter Handbook from the gods themselves:
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/helicopter_flying_handbook/

If you fail this exam, or need to retake it, you should know one or two Study Guides in your sleep. Swop with your mates. Amazon has many.

Here’s a copy-paste from one of my journals:

Pay attention to the number of reviews. 10-20% of all Amazon reviews might be fakes.

Read all 1-star and 2-star reviews. Look at the dates of these, because sellers make improvements based on 1-star reviews. Many 1-star reviews say irrelevant stuff such as “Damaged on arrival”, “wrong product”. So what? Amazon will change it free. Also, some 1-star reviews might be from competitors.

Good luck.

1 Like