Synesthesia and Misophonia Articles and Video

I saw this article posted on Facebook today:
6 Intriguing Types of Synesthesia: Tasting Words, Seeing Sounds, Hearing Colours And More

I thought this part was interesting, because I didn’t know misophonia was a type of synesthesia:

3. Misophonia

While many forms of synesthesia are harmless and some consider it enhances their life, not all forms are beneficial.

Misophonia — literally “hatred of sound” — is a condition in which sounds trigger strong negative emotions like disgust and anger.

It’s extremely rare and may be caused by problematic connections between the auditory cortex and the limbic system.

Commonly reported amongst misophones are strong adverse feelings in response to the sounds of other people eating and breathing.

(I also thought it was relatively common.)

Wikipedia says this but doesn’t have a link:

It has been suggested that there is a connection between misophonia and synesthesia, a neurological condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.

I think this was mentioned in another discussion, but for people who haven’t seen it:
11 People Trace Synesthesia to One Set of Alphabet Magnets

Stanford researchers Nathan Witthoft and Jonathan Winawer discovered, through word of mouth and from synesthetes contacting them online, a group of people who share a "startlingly similar" set of letter-color associations. Out of the eleven subjects, ten remembered owning (or still owned) a particular set of alphabet refrigerator magnets that was manufactured in the 1970s and 1980s.

Interesting video on synesthesia, especially since she didn’t notice until she was 16 and that her recall ability appears to increase over time: