Storing a database with four values (including one variable value) for each entry?

OK, so here’s what I’d like to do. I am a musician and have a large repertoire of short songs (maybe about 100 songs). Some songs are well-practiced and performance-ready, and some are not, and some are in-between. I’d like to have a mental database of the list of songs (maybe organized by composer), the date of composition for each song (since I often announce it while performing the song), and how performance-ready they are (maybe three or four distinct levels). This way, I can walk up on stage at a music festival or jam session and pull three songs out of the mental database and be sure that they’re actually in good shape. Sometimes, I tend to forget about songs I actually know quite well.

I’m not sure how to arrange the list or link the “readiness” value to the song (especially since that value changes from day to day depending on what I’ve been practicing). Has anyone here done something like this, and if so, how did you do it?

1 Like