Speed palacing idea ("Parallel journeys" technique)

a speedy way to make new memory palaces + fill them up with new vocabulary

The first step is, open up 3 duplicate Google Earth tabs in 3 different places, like, one in Japan, one in California, one in France. This will make 3 parallel journeys with the same number of loci, same set of items

Step two is, alternate between tabs filling in the same word for each journey. If I want to remember cheese, then find a Loci#1 Japan and imagine cheese, find a Loci#1 in California and imagine cheese, find a Loci#1 in France and imagine cheese. Then repeat for Item#2: JapanLoci#2Item#2, CaliforniaLoci#2Item#2, FranceLoci#2Item#2.

Step three is, start mentally practicing by alternating between the three journeys. I will remember Item#1 in Journey#1Loci#1, Journey#2Loci#1, Journey#3Loci#1. Then I can do any number of jazz/improvisation mappings, like do “zigzags” to reinforce the connections in the brain. Like I can go Journey#1Loci#1, Journey#2Loci#2, Journey#3Loci#3, Journey#1Loci#2, Joruney#2Loci#1, Journey#3Loci#4 . Simultaneous-journey-practicing-fun

That’s it, you have now performed the Parallel journeys technique! Enjoy!! Tell me if it works at all?