Seem to be stuck on last few major system PAO persons; any suggestions

[This thread was copied here from the old forum.]

NeilG 21 September, 2012 - 09:25

I’m doing a 121 element PAO … 0-9, 00-99 and .0 to .9 plus an E (times ten to the power of) for remembering real-world numbers. The persons, I’ve based on initials from my modified major system (taken from Derren Brown- I found it stuck easier in my brain than the more usual version).

I’m missing persons for the following; any suggestions would be welcome.
RL
FL or VL
KL or QL (or hard-C L, or hard-G L)
MN
FN or VN
TN or DN
KL or QL (or hard CL or GL)
NR
FR or VR
BR or PR
RF or RV
JF or JV (or ShF or ShV or ChF or ChV)
JT or JD (or ShT or ShD or ChT or ChD)
FJ or VJ (or FSh or FCh or VSh or VCh)

If I get really stuck, I’ll stray away from pure major system, but would prefer not to…

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :slight_smile:

Josh Cohen 21 September, 2012 - 09:52

I think that it doesn’t matter if the images match the phonetics exactly. The sounds are just a way to make it easier to learn the system. Some people would say that BR doesn’t fit “Brian”, but I think that it’s close enough. :slight_smile:

Here are some ideas:

RL = Errol Flynn
FL or VL = Evel Knievel
KL = Kelly-something
MN = someone with the name Mina, or minotaur
FN or VN = Evan
TN or DN = Tennis player (could be any) or Dan, Danny
NR = I turned this to “energy” and used the Human Torch from Fantastic 4. Another idea is Nora Jones.
FR or VR = Frances, Frank, Fred
BR or PR = Brian
RF or RV = Irving
JF or JV (or ShF or ShV or ChF or ChV) = Schiff
JT or JD (or ShT or ShD or ChT or ChD) = you could use the initials J.D. or J.T.
FJ or VJ (or FSh or FCh or VSh or VCh) = you could use the initials F.J… or V.J.

If you don’t know anyone with those names, type the names into Wikipedia and Google for some ideas…

kbjeff 21 September, 2012 - 10:17

I’m also using a method as Josh suggests and highly recommend it. I was inspired by an article here somewhere where a guy suggested that using just the first short syllable as a trigger was better (and faster) than having to worry about the whole name.

For example, my 12 is ToNy the tiger. By the time flex my tongue forward to form the first two successive consonants, my mind has already brought up an image of Tony the Tiger.

Feel free to look through my PAO for inspiration:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuvTZ6T5HwZUdFRBa0R5Zm10LThrZjYzRFNFeGQ0Mnc#gid=0

BuddingProspects 21 September, 2012 - 10:51

Actually, all you had to do was go to Google, type in “list of famous people (or celebrities)” and you would’ve seen this on Wikipedia:

When in doubt, google what you want.

NeilG 21 September, 2012 - 15:52

I’ve taken a good look at Google’s lists but didn’f find exact matches that meant anything tome … I was trying to keep strictly to initials (ZB Zaphod Beeblebrox, TC Tom Cruise ) but maybe it’s not a realistic nor sensible limitation to stick rigidly to that.

Josh Cohen 21 September, 2012 - 16:06

NeilG wrote:

I was trying to keep strictly to initials (ZB Zaphod Beeblebrox, TC Tom Cruise ) but maybe it’s not a realistic nor sensible limitation to stick rigidly to that.

If it’s a choice between “fitting the system” and “memorable image”, I’d go with memorable image. In my old Dominic System images, I had Ernest Bloch as the image for 52. I couldn’t recall him well though. I think it would have been better in that case to bend my system a little.

NeilG 21 September, 2012 - 16:14

Thank-you Josh - I’m definitely borrowing the minotaur, and Brian (object: crucifix ) and have ideas to go on…

Josh Cohen 21 September, 2012 - 17:06

Josh Cohen wrote:

JT or JD (or ShT or ShD or ChT or ChD) = you could use the initials J.D. or J.T.
FJ or VJ (or FSh or FCh or VSh or VCh) = you could use the initials F.J… or V.J.

Two more ideas for those last two on the list:

J.D. Salinger (or any of his characters)
FiSHerman – if there is anyone associated with that word for you…

gxlndjjrskc 24 September, 2012 - 20:41

Wikipedia’s “list of . . .” helped out a lot in the creation of my list.

But I still ended up with three on my list that don’t match the phonetics at all.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter as long as you can remember the association of the number and name.

It just makes it easier to learn your list if the phonetics match in some way.

In addition to the list of celebrities link above, try these: