Searching for; "How to" posts

I’m trying to search on the forum with the words starting with “How to”
but it doesn’t show me any results.

I wanted to write a post in a How To, but wanted to check if it exists first, however the search results is not showing any posts that starts with How To.

I think it would be good to have a Category on “How To”
and we can teach, share ideas, or perhaps ask question in the How to section/category.

What do you guys/moderators think?

4 Likes

There’s a tag called #examples (click the tag to see the list). Is that what you’re looking for or do you think a separate list of “how to” posts would be useful?

1 Like

yes that’s exactly what I mean.
I want to check all posts that starts with the words “How to”

I think it would be good to have a Category on “How To”
and we can teach, share ideas, or perhaps ask question in the How to section/category.

What do you think?

1 Like

Maybe there aren’t any posts named like that…?

I’ve only been here a short time, but I can’t recall seeing anyone name a post “How to…” I think, “How do I…?” would be more likely. It seems the majority of thread-launching posts are seeking help or information rather than offering expert advice without being asked for it.

Bob

1 Like

Yeah, I think such category could be really useful

1 Like

yes, it’d be interesting to see what people would share, ideas, insights, tips, howto, etc.

I think it would be a good idea to go ahead and submit the post that you had in mind. Don’t worry that it might already exist.

After we see your post, we can all have a good discussion on the best way to move forwards.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I will have a few posts coming up in the near future.

2 Likes

We’ve added a tag to categorize “how to” posts. Just add the tag #how-to when you write the post and then they will show up on that page and in search. (There isn’t anything there to link to yet.) We may expand the functionality from there, but it will take some time.

The box for adding tags is here:

4 Likes

Thanks for adding the “How to” tag…

That’s great. Thank you.

Good one @Josh

Maybe we can allow you to have the honour of making the first “how-to” post.

“Site News and FB” might be a good category.

Title: How to use “how to” tags

If someone beats you to it - that’s OK. Just delete the post accidentally.

[Added] Submitting a new post allows people to do usability testing on the tagging software.

Thanks.

I’ve just created a post in the #faqs section: How to use tags in the forum

(You can find the #how-to tag in the auto-completion list.)

2 Likes