Reading comprehension books?

I would like to be able to read understand and remember a book, for this reason I would like from you to mention a book who teach the method.
Thank you in advance

1 Like

This is kind of hard to have a method that works for all. It depends on what type of book are you reading. A history book would take a different approach to understand and remember compared to a science book. A history book has a lot of events, people, and dates to remember so you would use methods that would help with that type of info. With a science book has facts, data, concepts, and much more that you have to understand but also apply to problems and such. Do you know what kind of book you are trying to understand and remember?

2 Likes

In first place I would like to thank you for your response ,I’m on of your YouTube fans.
Books that I’m interested in are.
1 internet marketing books ,how to learn new methods Facebook ads , products search , Shopify Amazon merch and so on.
2 psychology books , like how to change some not good behaviour , how to deal with people and so on.

1 Like

I am glad you like the videos!

I get where you are coming from. One thing I think people fall for is that they have to remember everything from a book. The books you want to learn from are useful and you want to apply the information.

So this is what I would recommend and it might not what you had in mind but it does work. Create a palace per chapter or section (depends on how much info there is). Then memorize the main ideas of the chapter. This is the part that is the most important. After you have gone through the chapter, start apply what you learned right away. I took a psychology class so I know all the different concepts and principles you learn. It is tempting to memorizing all the principles, but learning 3 principles then applying them or reliving situations were they applied to you will help you remember and understand the principles.

The book 48 Laws of Power is a great example. The first law is never outshine your master. This is all I need to remember the main ideas from that chapter. How king Louie killed his right hand man because he threw a fancy party. I connect my personal experience with what the book is teaching which allows me to remember the info.

Does this make sense?

I connect my personal experience with what the book is teaching which allows me to remember the info.

Does this make sense?
[/quote]

I get the idea but maybe with a real example from you will give me a better image .

And in place of memory palace ,can I use linking method or peg system ?
What about mind mapping any suggestions?
Thank you so much

Law 4: Always say less than necessary

One oft-told tale about Kissinger… involved a report that Winston Lord had worked on for days. After giving it to Kissinger, he got it back with the notation, “ Is this the best you can do? ” Lord rewrote and polished and finally resubmitted it; back it came with the same curt question. After redrafting it one more time— and once again getting the same question from Kissinger-Lord snapped, “Damn it, yes, it’s the best I can do. ” To which Kissinger replied: “Fine, then I guess I’ll read it this time. ”

Persons who cannot control his words shows that he cannot control himself, and is unworthy of respect. But the human tongue is a beast that few can master. It strains constantly to break out of its cage, and if it is not tamed, it will run wild and cause you grief. Power cannot accrue to those who squander their treasure of words .

Power is in many ways a game of appearances, and when you say less than necessary, you inevitably appear greater and more powerful than you are.

Learn the lesson: Once the words are out, you cannot take them back. Keep them under control. Be particularly careful with sarcasm: The momentary satisfaction you gain with your biting words will be outweighed by the price you pay.

So this the 4th law of power and I would put it in my 4th location in my palace.
The images I would create are: I would see a mime (say less than necessary) that can’t control a lion (Not controlling your tongue will let the beast out and do harm to you). Then the sarcastic lion breaks free and runs away (once words are out, they are out forever). I would see this all happening at the kitchen.

This image is enough to remember the main ideas from those paragraphs. Then I would see how this law applied to my life and how I messed up things because I said too much or I didn’t say things and things worked out for me.

You would use the link/story method. I am not a fan of mind mapping and have never used it so I have no suggestions for it.

2 Likes

So clear ,and so easy to understand , thank you very much.
I will be glad to start applying your techniques ,and also using them in real life as you said.
Many thanks again

Glad it helped you out! If there is anything else, let me know!

I will gladly ask you again ,if there is something else.
Greetings

1 Like