Persevere

• 5’ Warm-up

• Single pass in Memory League training: 52c [new MP, first part]

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (2’04.64", 2’03", 2’05"):

• Comment: Tried a different way of “looking” at each locus; for some reason, I look at most loci from afar, as if I were some kind of omniscient being, I don’t actually go through my memory palaces as if I were really there. This time, I placed my images as if I were actually there looking at them (like it should be). This took me much more time but most of the images were really vivid and recall was very good. However, I can’t be sure at this juncture if the recall was good simply because I spent more time than usual at each loci. I should try this more because it was more pleasant to walk the MP this way. And I believe that’s how the Art of Memory really works, anyway.

• 5’ Warm-up

• First pass in Memory League training: 52c [old MP]

• Result: 8 errors, 52c / (2’06.56", 3’03", 4’): tried to be as solely visual as possible but had 10 blanks after first pass of recall; then filled 3 more and got 1 wrong; when there is a blank using this “visual approach”, it seems to be little hope of recalling, whereas if the links make some kind of rational sense, I can eventually find out; I guess the ideal would be to strengthen my visuals but not ignoring the more rational part;

• Second pass in Memory League training: 52c [new MP]

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (1’50.53", 1’41", 2’12"): better, but forcing myself to actually see takes more time than thinking a quick connection; again, must find a better balance;

• Third pass in Memory League training: 52c [new MP]

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (1’49.43", 1’05", 1’17"): I checked and this was the fastest recall ever and one of the fastest reviews (only on 8th of March I was faster and equaled on another day); I am still very slow to memorize this way, but I see value in at least practicing like this for a while to enhance my visualization skill, which has been very neglected lately.

• 5’ Warm-up

• Result: failed;

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (1’51.31", 1’45", 2’):

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (1’27.56", ----, 1’30"): interrupted during review but managed to remember it nevertheless

• Comment: Doing just one run without practicing every day simply won’t do; even after the third I am still slow these days…

• 5’ Warm-up

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (1’39.31", 2’26", 3’):

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (1’31", 1’05", 1’27’):

• Result: 0 errors, 52c / (1’29", 1’25", 3’20"):

• Comment: Slow!