No blog post for the last week of 2016, which doesn’t mean that I didn’t train, I promise!
I did take it a bit easier for about 3 days though, and the result was that the association times for some of my numbers went up up up … I just can’t afford breaks at this stage, it seems. I need to make sure I drill through all my number system at least every other day (usually takes around 20 minutes) … and at the same time I need to keep learning my cards.
I’ve done quite a few quick cards runs on memocamp, doing the visualization for each pair but no linking between objects and loci. I got to 45-50s per deck now. Which means that even with “easy” images, I’m probably not in a good enough shape to get close to 60s on a real run with actual memorization. That being said, I’m now stable under 2 minutes and broke my 2-week old PB with a 1:37 tonight.
I also finally attempted a “proper” 30-minute binary event. Landed on 1548 digits. Almost twice my current french record And room for improvement as most of the recall was really easy.
For the next few weeks, as mentioned, quite a bit of drilling:
- through the 1000 images with actual visualization
- focus on the trickiest images (and try to add details to them)
- visualization runs on 300 numbers as fast as possible
- going through all cards images (using Anki, finally started using it!!!)
- visualization runs on one deck as fast as possible