New Member: Vortexagon, UK

Hi guys, my name is Vortexagon!

My hobbies include:

• Programming in Rust. It has such a clean, concise, beautiful syntax and a modern ecosystem.
  • Solving the Rubik’s Cube and other twisty puzzles. I’ve solved the 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, Megaminx, Skewb, Square-1, and others. Then, I explored blindfolded solving, which you could say was my first forage into memory techniques, memorising strings of characters using a version of the memory palace.
  • Note-taking: I’ve tried many apps, such as Notion and Obsidian, and currently am sticking with the latter due to its sweet linking features.

I became interested in learning as many digits of Pi as I could a couple weeks ago, and I’ve spent small amounts of time learning chunks of digits through basic rote memorisation. I’ve reached 210 digits, and through this, I discovered that this forum exists.

I’ve spent this evening learning the Major System, and I’ve applied it to phone numbers. The results are pretty exciting!

I look forward to discussing cool ideas, techniques and my journey with you all.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you!

Rust is an interesting language.

Agreed: Its strange way of using enums, extensive type system and pattern matching makes for a pretty novel and refreshing experience.

1 Like