New Member: Vinicius, Brazil

Hi! My name is Vinicius Munhoz, 27, and I’m a software developer from Brazil.

I’m learning from this forum and wiki for a couple of weeks, and decided to be part of the community.

My journey with mnemonics began a long time ago (12 years ago I think), when I listened to an audio lesson about it. At the time I learned to create exagerated images and use them to remember random lists of words. But it was just that.

Fast forward to the past few weeks, I decided to learn it all again (mostly when I heard about memory palaces), and discovered so many incredible techniques. I’m traingin and creating my major system lists, PAO lists…

My main goal is to be able to remember more about the books I read (fiction, technical information, theology books). I also want to memorize some bible verses.

I’m happy to be here!

3 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the site.

É bom saber que existem outros brasileiros no site.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is also a Portuguese section.

1 Like

What’s up Vinicius; shouts out from Texas.

I think it’s cool that you’re trying to memorize fiction books too; I kind of have like a fantasy of “if I ever get lost somewhere and have to wait to be rescued, I can just run through some Orwell or some Vonnegut in my head to pass the time”. It’s goals for sure.

I think Brazil’s awesome; my history professor (Braziliana) did her dissertation on Capoeira, and tried showing how to do it while I was in college (I was never very good haha)

Keep up your work bro, and let us know how it’s working out for you!

1 Like