New member: Sztrovacsek, Slovakia

Hi everyone,

I am a Hungarian student living and studying in Slovakia. I am 19 years old and this is my last year in high school. To be honest I spent the last 4 year rather partying, so I neglected my study and I have no idea how I will make my school leaving exam.

I know almost nothing about mnemonics but when I first heard about it, I was amazed how powerful the human brain is. Now I have about 6 months to learn roughly 600 pages from various topics and I am not too optimist. Do you guys thing it is even possible to make it in such a short time?

Anyway, undoubtedly this will be the biggest project of my life so far, but I am glad to be here, looks like it’s an amazing community and I look forward to learn from you.

Strovacsek

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

What kinds of subjects are you studying? Is it 600 pages from textbooks?

Hi Josh, thank you.

My school leaving exam will be from 5 subjects:

Slovak language - speaking(30-topic), literature(30-topic)
Hungarian language - literature(30), grammar(30)
English language - speaking(30)
Mathematics - theory(30)
Mechanical engineering - materials and technologies(30), machine parts(30)
(Well, it’s not “engineering”, it’s just high school, but I didn’t know how to translate it.)

As you can see there is 30 “topic” in every subject. Each topic is about 1-4 pages(not hand written). Yes, it’s from the textbook, but it’s the “processed” study material, I can’t skip any part. That’s why I said it’s roughly 600 pages all together.

1 Like

I’m not sure how difficult it will be. Memory techniques won’t replace hard work, but they can help a lot for certain kinds of information. Let us know if we can help with anything.

If you haven’t seen it yet, there’s a short free ebook on how to learn the basics of memory techniques. I found the book Ultralearning inspiring — the “active recall” summary that I posted there might be interesting. Spaced repetition can be useful. I think that spaced repetition, active recall, and mnemonic images can go a long way, without requiring much initial time investment in learning techniques.

1 Like