New member, (Sorta, read on) : Stargazers_Lab ( Len) , USA

Hello, Len here.
So I’ve technically have had this account for about 4 years, but I haven’t been on it for the majority of that time and forgot I had the account completely.
I would have deleted my account and made a new one to start fresh, but I either couldn’t figure out how to delete my account, or you just simply cannot?

I have been interested in the memory palace technique for a long time now, but haven’t had the motivation or endurance to make a good lasting one. My past attempts to make a memory palace all mostly failed due to the fact that I put too much energy into it in a short period of time, and burned myself out to a point of exhaustion and defeat.
My only short-lived success was memorizing the 27 amendments for a history test in high school a few years back. I aced that part of the test for that unit, but after that, I didn’t keep up that memory palace and it crumbled to ruins in my mind.
I haven’t spent much time on researching and implementing the memory palace into my mind in a long while, so I have a question for you all:

What got you started with building a successful memory palace? and how do you space your time so you do not become mentally exhausted and burnt out?

Thank you for reading,

Stargazers_lab

(Josh Cohen) #2

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

If you’re getting exhausted, you might want to try smaller projects to start. Also, have you looked into peg list systems?

If you want to delete your account and start over or just change your username, send me a private message, and I could help with that.