New Member : Seagull, South Africa

Hey all. I’m a 25 year old guy from South Africa and have recently found out that I’m on the autism spectrum. On top of that I’ve also got ADHD and I struggle with concentration and a poor memory. I’m also a slow learner ( Which doesn’t help), it takes me a long time to grasp ideas and concepts compared to others. At this point in my life my only hope is to be able to effectively train my memory to try keep up with the things I’m trying to learn.
I’m glad that I found this site and look forward to trying out all these techniques :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a how to get started with memory techniques page.

Hey! Hey! Hey!

You have no idea how much I would love to enjoy a nice piece of biltong, followed by a good old cup of rooibos!

:grinning: From your name, I’m assuming coastal regions? Western , Eastern Cape or Natal?

My parents still live in SA! Now is the perfect time to learn and practice these techniques! The knowledgeable people on this site are extremely helpful so you will definitely find the answers you need.

So, first step, do what Josh suggested and go through the memory techniques page. Fair warning, it’s a lot of info, so start with the guide and then ask if something doesn’t make sense.

Regards

2 Likes

Hi Seagull, I also recommend to go full carnivore (against conventional wisdom) - high fat and no plant food of any kind to see if you have improvements - of course, if it is possible for you to afford to go meat based lifestyle. I saw ridiculous improvements in my focus and energy stabilization. Having issues with attention with ADHD is not the same as poor memory. I was diagnosed with ADHD, but I don’t think I have it anymore. Just google for more information.

You are in the ideal place. Welcome to the club.

I’m on Ritalin for the ADHD part, but I’ll see if I can give that a go. I’ve also got an eating disorder so It might be a bit tough

Yeah, I’m from Natal :slight_smile: Since the country has pretty much been locked down I’ve got a lot of time on my hands

1 Like

There is never a better time than now! Good luck!