New Member: RisingSun(Dorian), California, United States

Tell us about yourself: who are you, what do you do, where are you from?

Hi Everyone! My name is Dorian. I’m from Chico California, USA. I’m currently a student and work for the School District.

How did you find about memory techniques? What did you like about them most?

I found out about Memory techniques from listening to a YouTube video by Ed Cooke. What I like most about memory techniques is being able to improve my imagination and creativity. I like to teach these methods to elementary school students I work with. They’re so much fun!

What is your current best memory feat?

I’ve memorized over 100 peoples first and last names.

What’s currently your biggest challenge when it comes to getting the memory you want?

Sometimes It’s difficult for me to make the memory stick. I’ve heard both Ed Cooke and Joshua Foer(both Memory champs) that one of the best ways to make a memory stick is to make it gross, unseemly, or bizarre. Use actions in your pictures(spitting, kicking, throwing up, nudity, etc.). I will give their advice a try.

What’s the big goal you want to achieve? What have you tried so far? What worked, what didn’t?

I want to be able to remember learning theories, details of educational research, and economic topics. I’ve had a lot of success with the journey method.

Why did you decide to become an ArtOfMemory.com Member?

I’m extremely excited about joining a group of people trying to improve their memories. I want to share ideas with as many people as possible. I also just bought Nelson Dellis’s new book Remember It . Remember It is the best memory book I’ve ever read-love all the detail and colors he uses in the book. Another reason for joining a membership with a forum is so we can encourage each other to persevere in using mnemonic techniques. It’s easy to learn a few(consciously) and stop using them(unconsciously). I want to make using mnemonics a habit.

Thanks!

(Josh Cohen) #2

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile: