New member: RedRush

Hello! I didn’t share my location as I like to stay as anonymous as I can on the internet! :slight_smile:

You can call me Red, or Red Rush. I’m here to improve my memory because of side effects from my medication for bipolar disorder. This particular medicine is well-known for causing “the stupids”, like not being able to recall words as fast as normally would, or losing them altogether, misplacing things, struggling with short-term memory and the like. However, it’s a life-saving medication so I must stay on it.

So I’d like to see if I can learn some memory techniques to engage my brain and combat those side effects. I’ve started playing timed crosswords and playing a Jeopardy app game, which help my brain stay in practice looking for things quickly. I wanted to try to memorize some trivia to help me in those pursuits, and that’s how I stumbled here!

I’m an intelligent person, it’s only my medication that can make me seem a little slower, so I hope learning some of these techniques will put a little more snap in my brain.

5 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a getting started guide.