New Member: RainyDay, India

Hey guys!

I am a 20 year old from India. Got an exam coming up which I’ve already failed a couple of times. I believe it is because I am unable to produce adequate information while writing essays within a given frame of time. The exam is purely contains “essay-style” questions and is 3 hours long.

Most of the words are intangible and therefore not easy to remember. Hopefully the memory palace technique would make things easier.

Looking forward to hearing from y’all.

2 Likes

Start with learning how to memorise words, and abstract words.

Link here.

https://forum.artofmemory.com/search?q=abstract%20words%20

2 Likes

Thanks Erol, this is indeed very helpful.

While I have started forming the lists of information that I require using mneumonic links, I wanted to understand whether with practise I will be able to produce produce these lists in an exam with good speed?

1 Like

Memorising a list is probably the easiest method of them all.
You could use the Loci method, Chain-Link method, Body method, and Alphabet methods. Search for these on the forum. You’ll find many posts about memorising lists. Perhaps also look into creating mind maps to get a clear picture of each subject area. And then take it into long term memory. It’s requires a lot of work but it’ll be worth it.

The hardest part is to always convert each item on the list into an image. So look for posts covering this as well.

If you are not sure, create a post, and be specific about what you are struggling with, and many forum members will happily help you.

2 Likes