New member - Nazza

Hi everyone, how are you?

My name is Nazza, 21 years old, Brazil.

I started to get interested in memory art with the Sherlock Holmes series and in a search for how to learn English and other languages ​​faster and ended up finding Joshua Foer’s book (I haven’t started school yet, so I apologize for any error :’) )
I’m loving it and progressing slowly, but I want to test all this learning in music, music production and singing which is my true passion (If you have any tips, I would love to hear it)

Hope I can add a lot to the forum and learn a lot from you!

4 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the how to learn memory techniques page. There’s also a #music-memorization tag.

What kind of music production are you interested in? I started learning a bit of Ableton during quarantine but am just a beginner.

1 Like

I have been producing Brazilian R&B and HipHop music (Only personal projects for now) I consume during quarantine as well and use Reaper. I want to study how applications of mnemonics to music theory, mix and master, instrument learning and maybe try something with perfect pitch (That would be interesting).
What style have you been producing with ableton?

1 Like

I’m still just learning how to use modern music technology. I had to stop playing guitar a long time ago because of hand injuries, but I’ve been able to start playing a little again recently. Back then I was playing “classical” guitar and didn’t use any kind of modern technology, so things like DAWs and MIDI are completely new to me.

I have some ideas about the musical direction, but it might take a couple of years before I’m at a point where I’ll publish anything. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool! Daw and MIDI are technologies that are really changing the concept of Music Production. I hope to hear your work soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like