New Member Maxim Netherlands

Hello, I am Maxim. I am a software developer from the Netherlands.
I found out about memory techniques through a study course that i participated in as a student.
That course changed my life, throughout my whole life as a student i invested a large portion of my time into studying yet i never felt fully confident about passing exams.

Knowing study & memory techniques radically changed this, i still had to do work but was able to recall what i needed to know when i needed it. Since then i have been dreaming about creating and delivering such a course myself. Because of that i also want to be able to use memory techniques, which brings me to this forum.

What is a good and easy system to start with ?
I am currently creating a pao list, but havent practiced with it yet. I watch video’s to get clues about this, tips on how to start with this are welcome !

Best regards,

Maxim

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it, there is a how to learn memory techniques page.

1 Like

I think this depends on what system/s you find easy to work with. A lot of people use the dominic, but most people use the major, some use the shaper, and some also use an independent association system. The best idea would be to check each method and see what suits you the best. As for myself I use a number shape system, I find this is easier for me. So you’ll find what’s best for you once you learn how each of them work.

Again, this is a personal choice, PAO can be 2 or more digits which gives you the advantage of compressing more digits into creating an image or an animated image. However, you’d need to have the correct reason to practice pao. It’s a method for not only the number digits but can also be used to create a chain-link for any other data. It’s mostly used for competing with number digits.

The use of these systems will also depend on “Why” you want to learn such a system/s.
Are you learning and practicing for competing?
For Studying?
For improving your memory to better remember your life activities & responsibilities?
For business? Work?

When you know your reasons why, you can then learn and practice the systems & methods that suits your “Whys”.

In most cases, you’ll need to learn & apply the systems and methods for;
Visualising | Image generation | Palace | Journey | Chaining & Linking | Number digits | Words & Substitutes | Names | Images.

You’ll then be able to apply these methods into whatever you want to memorise for your Why reasons, such as book pages, lists, names, facts, history, geography, procedures, etc.

Great Goal!

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Hello Erol, thank you for the detailed reply !
You mentioned some memory techniques about which i am not yet aware what they mean, i will look into those. You also talked about having the right kind of motivation to develop the PAO system and what it can be used for.

Hello Erol, thank you for the detailed reply !
You mentioned some memory techniques about which i am not yet aware what they mean, i will look into those. You also talked about having the right kind of motivation to develop the PAO system and what it can be used for.