New Member - L1ttle

Hi Folks,

I am fairly new to memory training. I bought a number of Tony Buzan’s books quite a number of years ago and found them helpful until I got to the stage of trying to figure out how to learn the ‘Major System’ for memorising numbers before giving up altogether.

I recently stumbled across a book by Dominic O’Brien who re-ignited my interest in learning how to memorise and learn.I have just put together my list for the Dominic System and hope to conquer it soon. It seems much more straight foward and intuitive.

I am currently studying tax law which requires an ability to retain and recall huge amounts of information very quickly. I didn’t perform well in last years exams, despite covering the course and having a great understanding of the material.

I need to focus on exam technique and recall in the exam environment. I hope that by using memory techniques, I will feel more confident and perform well.

Lovely to meet you all and I hope to become an active participator and help others.

Warm Regards,
S

(Silvio B.) #2

Hello :slight_smile:

Dominic O’Brien’s books are great to get started.

I use memory techniques to learn law too (primarily civil law, legacy law etc.). I use the Dominic System to memorize imporant §§.

How do you memorize important court rulings? I usually make a separate little palace for each and make links to my main “law-memory-palace” that I have (still in progress) for each specific law I need to learn.

Would be nice to hear how you apply memory techniques to studying law :smiley:

SilvioB,

My apologies for the delay in responding to you. We don’t have too many court rulings to learn so far for my studies in tax. I try to remember the story. I usually have no trouble remembering stories and if I do, I’ll build a story around it. I actually find cases will help me remember certain points.

A huge part of my tax studies involves the tests for certain scenarios and being able to apply knowledge to a particular fact pattern.

The memory techniques I am learning are definitely helping. I mainly use the journey method and it’s a matter of applying the knowledge at that stage. Practice should also help!