New Member- Kerry, USA (PAO help?)

Hi friends,
I’m Kerry. I got into memory because I was in a teacher in rural Liberia and my laptop broke, and I needed a hobby for the quiet nights that didn’t require any electricity. I started with a weird monster 2-digit image/category system that got less effective after ~3000 digits of pi, and a 52 image card system that was inaccurate (a deck in 8 minutes or so (I’m new)). I’m a synesthete with stronger linkage to images (colorful especially) than sounds/letters, so I’m not a big fan of the major system, but I’m feeling ambitious about 3-3-3 PAO (I have creative specific actions maybe this can work?)
Any success stories on 3-3-3? or implementation advice if 3-2-3 is better?
I’ll get around to faces (yikes) or poetry (yikes yikes) later. For now this is just to keep my mental health in check.

Glad I found memory ppl. I felt like I couldn’t talk about my hobby with others, so it would only come out after I had a few beers and bet my friends alcohol that I could name their phone numbers. They thought it was a dumb hobby bc you can google everything.

4 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

I don’t know of anyone who is using 3-3-3 PAO, but there might be someone out there. I think it might be challenging to find 1,000 distinct actions.