New Member: Jessie from the Netherlands

Hello everyone,

My name is Jessie (24)I just moved to Amsterdam after a couple of years of travel. I now work as a Nanny to save some money for my Masters degree ( international relations).

Memory techniques came into my life as I was looking for ways to be a better learner while having dyslexia. I have struggled with feeling dumb a lot in my life and finding out that there was a way to put words and numbers into images and remember them, gives me so much hope for my future.

I have tried a couple of small memory palaces like 100 numbers after PI and some Famous poems. but I am really just here to find a way of learning that works for me, I mean would it not be great if i can hack my dyslectic brain and memorize grammar with a memory technique?!.

One of the obstacles I run in to is that it takes me a really long time to remember sentences, numbers and words are okay ( i think) but especially abstract sentences form some problems.
Also, I wonder what to practice and how much to practice every day, te become a master of studying.

Anyway, thank you for giving me a platform to really learn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen them yet, there are some discussions about grammar:
https://forum.artofmemory.com/search?q=grammar

If you post specific questions about the sentences you’re working on, people here could brainstorm ideas on how you might memorize them.

1 Like