New Member : Himal Bhandari from Nepal

HI everyone, I am 20 years old and doing Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I am having big problems being unable to memorize for exams and vivas. I cant focus on study. I get easily distracted even by minor things. Since 2 months ago, I have been doing meditation to increase my focus.Recently, I heard about memory palace and over surfing on internet today i found about this site. I am glad and excited to be here.

1 Like

Welcome!

I totally get where you are coming from. I studied chemical engineering and the concepts are hard to remember but what I found useful is to attach the ideas to something I already know or could visualize. Magnetism is a hard topic to grasps since all of it is invisible haha So making the ideas tangible will allow you to remember more!

Reach out to me if you need anything!

Welcome!
You should try to read(or hear) A Mind for Numbers. Focus is a big theme in this book if not even the main theme.
I am not done with the because a lot of stuff came up the last days but one technic from it helps me a lot with concentration and with getting stuff done: Pomodoro
Simply said: The only thing you need is a timer.
You set the timer for 25 minutes and in this time, you do your work, like working on an assignment or learning something.
You do nothing in this time that isn´t related to the stuff you wanted to get done and after the 25 minutes, you take a 5 minutes break and do whatever you want in this break. You repeat that for how many times you want/need.
I know this does not sound like a big deal but it really helped me a lot and I think many others because this technic is kinda popular. There is even a website

1 Like