Hi, I’m pretty happy to have found this place as I don’t know anyone else who is interested in mnemonics.
- Tell us about yourself: who are you, what do you do, where are you from?
—>I’m a bit of a nerd. I’m interested in learning Math (currently teaching myself the fundamentals of differential equations) and Physics (learning from the basics). I’m currently in Sweden visiting my wife but I’m from USA. I’ve been a student most of my life who changed majors in college from music to math.
- How did you find about memory techniques? What did you like about them most?
Like many of you I came upon mnemonics through the book “Moonwalking with Einstein”. What I like the most about memory techniques is pretty much it is a show-off-y skill that takes time and hard work to build. I have a vision to memorize concepts so I can build my understanding of new topics faster.
- What is your current best memory feat?
I downloaded a sample of Domonic O’Brien’s “How to Dev… week by week” and scored 15 points below master in the intro-quiz. I’m sure it wasn’t impressive at all haha.
- What’s currently your biggest challenge when it comes to getting the memory you want?
Seeing as I’m just getting started my biggest challenge is building a strong foundation from the beginning.
- What’s the big goal you want to achieve? What have you tried so far? What worked, what didn’t?
My biggest goal I want to achieve is to memorize notebooks I’m currently taking notes in. I plan to use a memory palace and I’m wondering if I can all the concepts in one palace or if I would need more. I have tried nothing yet because today is pretty much day 1 of memory training for me
- Why did you decide to become an Art of Memory member?
I love communities and I love the fact that this seems to be an active forum for mnemonics. I’m interested in learning more. Let’s do this ^-^