New Member: David, United States

Hello, everyone :). My name is David, and I have recently taken a liking to mnemotechnics and all they entail. I have been browsing the forum for a few weeks, but I haven’t taken the time to make an account.

Other information about me; I am currently a high school student preparing to transfer to college to begin studying for a double major in mathematics and computer science. I am also a technology enthusiast, more particularly, a FLOSS enthusiast, and wish to utilize the Unix philosophy as pragmatically as I can. I love programming and enjoy writing small shell / Python scripts to make my experience much more streamlined and personal.

I wish to use various mnemonics to aid me in my studies, hobbies, and for a further source of inspiration. I have also discovered that my aphantasia has been effectively resolved through practicing various techniques. I hope to integrate myself with this community and learn a lot more from everyone here while I can. Thanks for reading my small essay! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen them yet, there are at least a few threads about FLOSS-related topics:

1 Like

Welcome, David! Glad to have you here :slight_smile:
Where in the US are you located? And it’s awesome you program–what languages do you code in other than Python?

Hello Claire :slight_smile: primarily, I use bash and Python for scripting, and often use C(++) and Go for more heavy lifting. For the time being, I am located in Maryland.