New Member: Daniel from Austria

Hello, my name is Daniel, I´m 28 years old and from Austria.
If there are some active players from Austria/Germany, let me know. :slight_smile:

I have known memory techniques for many years (after I read a book from Dr. Gunther Karsten), but I just used them to learn phone numbers with the major system or things like that. I also had a system for cards, but never really trained it. Then I forgot nearly everything, until:

When I moved to a new apartment a few months ago, I randomly got that memory book in my hands again and decided to give this thing a new chance.

I want to compete with other memory athletes at a local tournament and get/give some advice here on this platform. It´s nice to be part of this great community. Watching the best of the best at the online tournament a month ago was a big inspiration.

My next short term goal is to memorize a deck of cards under 2 minutes (current record is 3:24).

My biggest challenge at the moment is creating memory palaces (for the memory league).
For example I reached Level 7 at cards with only 4 palaces - and I also use them for images, numbers or 5 minutes binary. I would like to train more often, but it´s difficult with that amount of palaces (and yeah I read the wiki, I also read many topics about this and also watched videos on youtube).
It´s worth an extra topic.

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a section for discussions about Memory League.

Hi Daniel, nice to meet you!

A deck of cards in 3:24 is quite good already. Keep training and building palaces, I think you have potential.

Looking forward to play with you at Memory League :slight_smile:

1 Like