New Member: csn3rd, Silicon Valley / Bay Area

Hey everyone! I’m csn3rd, a college freshman majoring in Mathematics and Computer Science. I’ve lived in Silicon Valley / Bay Area my whole life and thus, technology and computing have always been a big part of my life. My hobbies include programming, cybersecurity, and puzzles. I participate in a lot of competitions in those fields and also teach courses in those fields for high school students.

Due to coronavirus, I have been binge-watching Ted Talks and a few days ago, I saw Joshua Foer’s Ted Talk. It got me interested in memory and mnemonics so I started taking a look at many of the different tutorials and websites online. Today, I stumbled upon Art of Memory and now here I am.

Over the last 3 days, I have been studying the Major system and I can convert between digits and consonants pretty well. I created a practice program for myself and after several days of practice, I average about 75 characters per minute of raw conversions from digits to consonants. I started creating peg words for numbers from 00-99, now that I know the Major system pretty well and can convert the digits into sounds.

I am a complete beginner to this but I’m dedicated to improving my memory and am looking forward to learning from all of you.

PS: I’m not sure if there’s a way to chat or connect with others on this forum, but if you want to connect, feel free to add me on any of my social media profiles listed on my website: https://sites.google.com/view/jonathan-ho-23.

1 Like

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

The forum is an installable hybrid between forum and chat: How to chat in the forum

If you have questions about memory techniques, let us know.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks for the tutorial on the chat feature!

Looking forward to learning and developing some memory techniques!

1 Like