New member: Bill aka "Mahuato" from kentucky

I am 29yr old and a college freshmen. I currently have 1 biological son and 1 stepdaughter and stepson.

I became interested about mnemonics when I first stumbled upon Moonwalking WITH Einstein. That book is still one of my favorite books. I found this website through searching for past mid finishers of memory championships. I was trying to find someone who could coach me at hopefully a relatively low price, which is why I wanted mid finishers.

Currently I have read the previous book, the beginner book from here, and I’m in the middle of reading Solomons Memory Palace. I love psychology and learning about how we learn.

My main interests in learning mnemonics is to be excellent in school, learn a language (languages preferably), and memorize randomly shuffled decks of cards. This isn’t my ONLY interests of course. I want to have a basic understanding of all of it.

I haven’t accomplished any memory feat other than the first little example in the beginners book where you’re relating one word to another and making the image.

I look forward to meeting you all and I hope when I start asking a lot of questions that I don’t bug you all too much.

1 Like

Welcome to the site! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings. I’m not too far away, in east TN.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I don’t feel like mnemonics is nearly as popular as it should be. It’s reassuring to see at least someone is around me that is a practitioner of it.