New Member, Ammar, India

Hey everyone, I’m Ammar and I hail from Maharashtra, India. I started down the path of memory training a few weeks ago when out of sheer exasperation and embarassment at how easily I forget people’s names I decided to google “Books on how to improve memory”. Funnily enough, google recommended Joshua Foer’s well-written book Moonwalking with Einstein, and I devoured that book. I couldn’t believe that there were people who could memorise hundreds and thousands of pages. I always assumed that there were a few cases of savants being able to pull off something like that but to think someone who would conventionally be considered an average person could train their memory to such levels sounded too good to be true. But the book convinced me, and I decided that I had to learn this seemingly revolutionary technique for myself. Unfortunately Joshua’s book doesn’t go into much detail about the techniques themselves so I searched online to see if there other resources available and Google brought me to this amazing site.
I’m currently reading Lynne Kelly’s wonderfully hands-on book Memory Craft. I’ve just finished reading the second chapter and was quickly able to memorise a groceries list without much hassle and now I’m taking up the challenge learn all the countries in the world in order of their populations, just like Lynne when she was starting. It’s taking me a bit longer because my geographical knowledge is truly abysmal which in turn stymies my association making process. But I’ll get there and then I’ll keep going. It’s quite wonderful to be a part of a group like-minded folks, and I can’t thank Josh Cohen enough.I look forward to the interactions I have here.
Here’s hoping to have some good memories and a great one as well.
Cheers.

7 Likes

We are glad by seeing you here. Welcome and enjoy the Art of Memory.

1 Like

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to meet you, Ammar! And yes, Lynne Kelly’s Memory Craft is a great book - it’s the one that really got me started as well. All the best.

• Roberto (Canada)
1 Like