New Member: 43y, Tushar Joshi @tusharvjoshi, India

• Tell us about yourself: who are you, what do you do, where are you from?

I am a software professional working in Software Services field since last 18 years. I am from Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. I live with my wife and 2 daughters 13 yrs and 9 yrs young.

• How did you find about memory techniques? What did you like about them most?

I found this forum while searching for PAO systems.

• What is your current best memory feat?

Not interested in any memory competitions yet, but I am keen to learn new techniques which can help me remember professional knowledge and also which will help me teach my daughters how to study and memorize more in less time.

• What’s currently your biggest challenge when it comes to getting the memory you want?

Currently trying to create a PAO system with reference to people I can relate to or remember, I am able to remember my own poem book page by page till page 35 till now. I am trying to learn my new PAO system using Dominic System using a live example. I have set a goal of remembering my own poem book. The advantage is I know all of those poems already just need to remember them by title and attach them to page numbers. In this process I am also retaining my PAO system which is not fully memorized.

• What’s the big goal you want to achieve? What have you tried so far? What worked, what didn’t?

As I mentioned above, currently trying to prepare my own PAO system using Dominic method, to do that I have started a live practical to remember my own poem book page by page. Successful till now till 35 page, which I did in last week. Given my tight schedule I spend around 30 minutes daily and add more PEGS and pages to memory day by day.

After reading many forum threads, I decided to add my experiences to the forum with real life data and numbers so it may help other readers some day who are on the same journey as me.

3 Likes

Its been 4 years since I wrote this introduction. This year I became more active in reading multiple forum posts and commenting on some of them. I found going through the forum posts has a benefit of learning more topics and concepts that others are using.

I wish there to be a Body Of Knowledge for Art of Memory where each and every topic is indexed and documented. The Wiki does this sort of but I have to keep visiting the RandomPage to read more and more details.

This forum has so much knowledge embedded in the posts that more indexing for the posts and knowledge is needed. I have started noting down all the new information I am learning from the forum posts and someday will post my index here as well.

Currently enjoying the perspectives presented by many members on the forum.
Thanks for being here for the Art of Memory

3 Likes

If you have any ideas on how to do that better on the server side, let me know. :slight_smile:

I’ve recently reorganized some of the wiki so that it’s easier to find things. Many articles now link to related forum threads. The new forum also has a tagging system and bookmarks feature where you can bookmark posts and then view them in a list on your profile page. It’s hard to keep up with the new content though, because there are so many new posts every day.

Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like