New member:15y,Nguyen,Viet Nam

Hello, my name is Nguyen, but you can call me Johny. I’m a 15-year-old boy from Viet Nam.
I found out about the memory palace technique after watching Sherlock, but just really into memory techniques after reading the book “secret of super memory” by Eran Katz.
I have tried to use both link and roman room - two techniques that are mentioned in the book. It takes me 4 mins to remember a list of 20 random words with link system and 30 secs to remember 15 words with roman room. I have created a mind palace based on my current house but still haven’t used it.
My goal is to be good at studying , but I can not apply the MP technique. Because I can’t convert abstract words into hillarious and ridiculous images. Can I create normal images or words in my palace? And some subjects have lots of informations, which make me scared my palace doesn’t have enough loci. Please help me!
Ps: my English isn’t very good, so if I have any grammar mistake please point that out so that I can fix myself. Thanks.

Welcome man, nice to see another guy on Mnemonics I’m kind of new myself and since you wanted us to point out mistakes. Vietnam is in one word :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

Here are some pages to read about making images from abstract words:

If you post a few example words, we could help you come up with some images for them.

1 Like